National Contact Point - NCP
The Israeli NCP is located at Foreign Trade Administration of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor.
The structure of the NCP:
The coordinator is from the Foreign Trade Administration of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor.
The coordinator manages relations with the OECD and chairs the Advisory committee.
The Advisory committee is composed of members from the Ministries of Industry, Trade and Labor, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Environment, and Justice.
The Advisory committee holds consultations with social partners including the Manufacturer’s Association, the Federation of Chambers of Commerce, the Israel Institute for Export and International Cooperation, NGOs, labor and trade unions.
The Advisory committee also deals with issues of interest to different parties regarding the implementation of the guidelines.
Responsibilities of the NCP
Publication and Providing Information; Coordination; Inquiries and dealing with disputes and conflicts; Reporting; Consulting with domestic constituents.
Publication and Providing Information
1. In order to insure wide dissemination and promotion of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, they will be published among the business community, NGOs and other interested parties.
2. The NCP will also provide relevant information, including a full translation of the Guidelines in both Hebrew and Arabic. Documents will be made available on the web-site of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor.
3. Providing answers to questions and dealing with issues that are brought up by NCPs of other countries, by the business community, by NGOs, by labor and trade unions and other interested parties.
4. Providing answers to questions and issues that may arise by countries that did not adhere to the OECD Declaration on International Investment and Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
5. Organizing of study sessions concerning the Guidelines and the Declaration.
6. Coordinate and lead activities that are required by the Declaration.
Inquiries and dealing with disputes and conflicts
7. The Israeli NCP will act as a focal point for inquiries. The NCP will deal with disputes, conflicts and complaints (between parties) that are related to implementation of the Guidelines.
Issues that arise relating to implementation of the guidelines in specific instances shall be submitted to the NCP and may be referred to the Advisory committee for discussion.
It is important to emphasize that the NCP is a mediation forum only and has no legal authority to judge cases.
8. Preparation and presentation of the NCP annual report for the OECD Investment Committee.
Consultations with domestic constituents
9. As mentioned above the Advisory Committee will hold consultations with the business community and other domestic constituents.
Israel considers the Guidelines as an important element in the advancement of corporate social responsibility, and encourages the NCP's promotion of the Guidelines to businesses and other interested parties.
Hence the NCP's important function of raising awareness among Israeli companies operating abroad of the Guidelines recommendations.